Friday, March 18, 2016

Adepticon Display Board WIP

So I haven't been posting very much this month because I am in FULL PANIC MODE finishing things up for Adepticon!!!

What I have left
1- FINISH THIS DISPLAY BOARD. Which I am actually close on. Ideally this weekend.
2- Base 2 Necromunda guys and submit my list
3- Paint 5 tactical marines arms and back packs
4- Paint a Rhino
5- Try an paint Kato Kiyomasa (nice to have, but not required) for crystal brush.
6- Download all the rules I need to a tablet (and reread them all!)

But I thought I would take a moment to share the progress I have made thus far on my team's display board. Remember these are just WIP. As well I am pretty much doing this between 9pm and 12am everyday right now. So apologies for some of the poor pictures.

Basic Layout
How do you quickly texture terrain? Grout!
Both building have had slight modifications since these pictures, but these are close enough. No airbrush, all done with drybrushing, washes and weathering powders. Tried my hand at OSL as well.
My phone was dead for the process, but I used a razor like this to dig out the foam to the level I needed. In the future I would likely just cut it out entirely and then just put some other filler, like cheap linoleum tiles, down to raise the courtyard stone (seen below)
Cheap slate tile found in the bathroom/tile section of a hardware store. I late filled the crevices with grout just as if it was on the bathroom floor.
Well there you have it. Expect to see the completed version by Monday! feel free to ask any questions in the comments!