Thursday, April 6, 2017

Death Rider Squadron WIP- Dream Army Progress

A while back I talked about the dream army I was trying to build. Well it is now in full swing!

What is it? Well a FULL DEATH RIDER SQUADRON. WITH 80 RIDERS!

Crazy I know, but it will also be CRAZY COOL AND FUN!

I ended up deciding on making them look like Rogue Trader Era Rough Riders after I got a copy of Apocrypha Index Imperialis


They just looked cool, had great fluff and had a whole article on Rough Riders and some cool artwork to go with it. Plus they had really fun and defined iconography I could easily add onto the models.

I am using GW pistolier horses, Victoria Miniatures RR conversion sets and Puppetswar Veteran Heads. Looks spot on to the source material IMO.

So far I have made all the bases. I used MDF and scuply with a roller procured from green stuff world. I am also building my horses. I only have 55 of the 80 total so far, but that is all I need for the 1850 lists I am running them in (which I will share soon).