Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Moment of Fun at Adepticon 2017


So, I was at Adepticon 2017 with some of my friends and a very odd moment happened, so odd I wanted to make a post about it.

I was in the team tournament, on the last day, and in our last match. We were playing some really nice people, who we unfortunately seized on and it didn’t go great for them. They were playing a lot of dreadnoughts and we were killing and/or immobilizing a lot of dreadnoughts.


It was one of those games that I don’t like playing because there is just nothing your opponent can do and it keeps getting worse for them.

But despite the situation, in an amazing moment of levity we all found something to laugh about. Somehow one of us had made a comment about how there are so many kinds of dreadnoughts you can play right now. And I said “I wonder how many.” For the next 15ish mins, we stopped playing, sat around naming different usable dreadnoughts. We even got the table next to us involved.

For your enjoyment, I decided to compile that list. I did make some restrictions though. It’s got to be a dead guy in a coffin attached to two legs, we kept it to unique titled units (i.e. ignoring things like venerable space wolf dreads or blood angel dreadnought classic), Ignoring ghosts in robots, and it’s got to be legally playable.

Dreadnought Classic
Venerable
Ironclad
Librarian (or Mind Quad)
Death Company
Furioso
Contemptor
Helbrute (It’s okay we know you exist)
Venerable Contemptor

Ohh you thought we were done, let us peek into forgeworld shall we.

Chaplain
Siege
Mark V Mortis
Contemptor-Mortis
Grey Knights MK IV Doomglaive
Ferrum Infernus
Emperor’s Children Sonic
Chaos Contemptor
Leviathan
Legion Dreadnought
Decimator (I think this counts)
Deredeo (Boaty McBoat Face)
Mhara Gal
Contemptor-Achillus
Contemptor Galatus

But wait there’s More! There’re also characters

Venerable Dreadnought Nihilus
Cassor the Damned
Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Murderfang the Curseborn (Ye who is most Metal)
Chaplain Dreadnought Titus
Bray’arth Ashmantle
Brother Halar
Hecaton Aiakos

So we got 33. I’m sure there are some we missed and feel free to add them in the comments.

But the above random esoteric list wasn’t the real reason I wanted to make this post. I wanted to point out that what happened during our game is what is supposed to happen in 40k, no matter the situation having fun. There will be winners and losers, but being entertained is the point of this game…. One might call it a hobby……


So, don’t forget to have fun. If you see your opponent is not, make that the new game objective.