Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Hobby Progress - Prophets of Bark and the Spooky Bunch Additions


Discordian here, with some new in-progress additions to my weird Mandrake themed army.

You can see what has already been done HERE.

New Urien Rakarth:
Below are what I originally made for my Coven HQs, a generic Haemonculus and my Urien Rakarth with the Flag.
Converted from Sylvaneth Tree Revenants

I was happy with them for the most part, but as time went by I wished had given both flags to make them both stand out better. So when the new Sylvaneth character box set came out, I knew it was time for a upgrade.
My new Urien, complete with BEESS!!
Simply enough project, and as soon as I get tree lady all painted up I'll swap her in as my new Urien.

Super-Mandrake Kheradruakh
My second project is something a little more absurd. And it started with this.
For awhile I wanted to make a large show piece for my army, and I didn't want it to be a large tree. I wanted to focus more on the Mandrake side of things, and recently I had a cool idea when I saw that kit. 

There was a small part in Gathering Storm where the Mandrake Boss Man finally completed his centuries long task of making the creepiest room ever. And in doing so opened up a gate to the shadow realm. This in turn hyper-charged all the Mandrakes, and allowed Commorragh to fight off the Daemon invasion left behind by the worst house guest ever, the Ynnari. 

So I thought to myself what if Kheradruakh wasn't just an ordinary Mandrake anymore, he had risen beyond the limits of a normal Mandrake and into the realm of legend.
A little cleanup work to make the rat skull-face less face, and more maskish

Here's where the real fun part comes in, Kheradruakh doesn't use a weird double ended halberd. He uses a massive meat cleaver.

Never throw out anything
My next trick will be to meld his second set of arms into his back, but I haven't gotten there yet.
 After that I'll smooth things out and fill in the gaps, and then I get to start the boring painting part.

I'll circle back with another post after I've made some more progress.