Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Fallen Mistake - A Dead-end Thought Exercise




Discordian here. So when I'm not trying to re-purpose my Fantasy models for my Dark Eldar, I also have a Grey Knight Army. And every once and awhile I try and think of new interesting ways to make them interesting again.

So here is my latest attempt of convincing myself to buy new models.

Fallen exist....


They have the interesting distinction of being the only Chaos/Imperial units. They've got one cool character named Cypher, who's a model I own because he's cool. And I was like "Hey maybe they can add something to my GK".
I even thought of a good base for converted Fallen Dudes
definitely lose the heads

But Woof..... those rules. And I thought Gk had it bad. I'm fairly sure they're only two units in the faction, Cypher and Stern-guard without special ammunition. Which I guess isn't terrible if you plan to play them with Chaos, you know that book they come in. But even then, you start realize they aren't even good there.

They cant ride in transports and they can't use any stratagems. The only special rule rule they have is re-roll ones-to-hit if they don't move.

You know that thing EVERYONE has

They do have a special morale thing, for you know those common cases you're playing someone that can't kill a small number of power armor dudes. And Cypher is a character with a re-roll 1s aura... that thing they already have....

It's at this point I realized they lost the whole infiltrating thing and that what I'm looking at is a faction of 5th edition CSM.....

I'm not saying a bunch of Powered Armoured marines in cover shooting special weapons is a bad thing, I'm just saying I'm better off using any other Imperial Power Armoured marines.

So now I return the beginning of my thought exercise.

Fallen exist..... And I thought I should share that with you.....