Friday, September 11, 2015

Dark Angels Tactical Combat Squad - Schlemazal

Hello everyone, I'm back again with some more painting to share with you all. I'll be going to Adepticon next year with Gothmog, so I'm steadily working on my Dark Angels to get a force I'll be satisfied with ready to go by then. There's a lot to get done and I don't have quite as much painting time as I would like, but I'm trying to keep the work moving. Today I have my first combat squad for Adepticon done, painted with a slightly different style than I've used for tactical marines in the past (generally darker armor, and a few other tweaks).


The sergeant is equipped with a combi-melta and power fist, with a meltagun as the special weapon for the squad. The bases are all Secret Weapon Miniatures Urban Streets. I will be adding ice (using crackle paint and washes) and small patches of snow to them, but I decided to wait until I had more marines painted and do that in bulk. All of my marines are from the 4th Battle Company, mainly because I enjoy painting the checkered company icon on the kneepads.

Anyway, have some more pictures of the squad while I wait for the rain to stop so that I can prime some more marines.


I'll be back again soon with more painting, I have quite a bit to get through before Adepticon:
All of this, plus a sicarin, chaplain and some assault marines