Saturday, July 4, 2015

What to do with your free Stormcast Eternal in White Dwarf as a 40k Player (TERRAIN!!)

So I am not planning on buying the AoS core box. If I was a Khorne player I probably would, but looking at the free snap together Stormcast Sigmarine, they just aren't worth converting to 40k yet. Maybe once they are a kit made of components vs snap togethers I'll get some more (In fact I already have something really awesome planned, not for 40k too. I just need 16 Stormcast... 16...)

Yet here I was sitting with a snap together Stormcast in the White Dwarf I bought today (out of curiosity and hey, bonus mini!) and I needed to figure out what to do with it. So knowing that it is LIKE a Marine, but is NOT a Marine, I figured it would make a good stylized representation of a Space Marine. So I decided to make a bronze statue.

You'll notice I am also painting a Macharius. He is not done, but with also be part of terrain one day ( a temple of some sort)

Started with warplock bronze
Next I did a drybrush of Tin Bitz
Then I did a drybrush of Balthasar Gold and Warplock Bronze
Then I did another drybrush of Balthasar Gold mixed with Leadbelcher
Then I did a wash of Seraphim Sepia followed by liberal applications of Nihilakh Oxide technical paint, and went in and focused with some secret weapon mini oxide white pigment and nuln oil washes.
Sorry I don't have alot of in between pictures, they were all too blurry. As well this is much brighter than it really is.
The base is simply a wooden dowel attached to a wooden base. I primed it white and then just did a lot of grey mixes, along with some white, black and shadow grey. Washed it extensively with nuln oil at the end.
Final result.

Tomorrow, I think I am going to add some snow to his base using secret weapon crushed glass and water effects.