Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reinvention of my Imperial Guard: 2k Genswick IG codex list

So here is the Codex list I will be using for my reinvented IG. This list is more of a variant/back up for the DKK lists I will be using mostly. The first DKK list is here, utilizing the Siege Regiment list, perfect for the Genswick path I am taking.

HQ- Company Command Squad- 120: Power Weapon, Regimental Standard, Melta-gun, Master of Ordnance, Vox
HQ- Lord Commissar- 80: Power Weapon
Elites- Storm Trooper Squad- 195: Power Weapon, 2 x Meltagun
Elites- Ratlings (5)- 50
Elites- Ratlings (5)- 50
Troops- Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad- 60: Power Fist, Melta-gun, Vox
Infantry Squad- 115: Commissar, Power Weapon; Power Weapon, Melta-gun
Infantry Squad- 115: Commissar, Power Weapon; Power Weapon, Melta-gun
Infantry Squad- 65: Power Weapon, Flamer
Infantry Squad- 70: Plasma Gun, Vox
Heavy Weapon Squad- 75: Lascannons
Heavy Weapon Squad- 65: Autocannons
Heavy Weapon Squad- 60: Mortars
Troops- Veteran Squad- 135: Demolitions, Shotguns, 3x Melta-guns, Vox
Troops- Veteran Squad- 135: Demolitions, Shotguns, 3x Melta-guns, Vox
Fast Attack- Rough Rider Squad- 115: Power Weapon
Heavy Support- Leman Russ Demolisher Squadron (3)- 585: Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Pts: 2000 Scoring Units: 10 KPs: 19
Model Count: 94 Infantry, 10 Cavalry, 3 Tanks (107 models)

While I understand there are better choices to take, this isn't necessarily supposed to be the most competitive of lists. I am just trying to take what choices I like and fit the concept of a Siege Regiment. Unfortunately there is no fluff out there regarding Genswick except some stuff from the BoLS Marcharian Crusade book, where they just say they are Trench/Siege fighters and have sapper companies.

The only thing that is "off" per se in this list is Ratlings. But I am actually not going to model them as Ratlings, but rather as just normal human snipers, albiet in Genswick uniforms.

The only thing I would consider doing instead is swapping the "Ratlings" for a Psyker Battle Squad. Though how to make them look Genswicky I am unsure, or even if they really fit in. Any suggestions anyone?