Thursday, February 9, 2017

Revamped Blood Angels 1850 List

Before LVO I posted a list of what I would take if I was going. Thinking on that list and based on discussion, I made some changes to make is a little better IMO.
BA CAD- 755
HQ: Libararian: 100- ML 2, Gallian's Staff, BP (WARLORD)
Troops: Tactical Squad(5): 135- Multi-Melta, Teleport Homer, Rhino
Troops: Tactical Squad(5): 135- Melta-gun, Teleport Homer, Rhino
Troops: Tactical Squad(5): 85- Grav-gun
Fortification: Imperial Bunker: 75- Comms Relay

Heavy Support: Fire Raptor Gunship: 225- TL Autocannons
OR
Heavy Support: Relic Sicaran: 225- Lascannons, LoG Schism of Mars

ARCHANGELS ORBITAL INTERVENTION FORCE- 665
Terminator Assault Squad(5): 225- TH&SS
Terminator Assault Squad(5): 225- TH&SS
Terminator Assault Squad(5): 215- 3xTH&SS, 2x LC

CHAPTER ANCIENTS- 430
Dreadnought: 120- 2 x TL Auto-cannon
Dreadnought: 120- 2 x TL Auto-cannon
Furiosos Dreadnought: 190- Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Lucius Pattern Drop Pod

So how this list differs is first and foremost is a change in HQ. Added a psyker for a little bit of presence in that phase, with Gallian's Staff for some added reliability to him. Lost a Rhino on a tactical squad, but they will just go in the Bunker, which lines up with this change in HQ reasoning. I had Corublo for his far seeing eye reroll. Sure that also helped with Seize, but it was really there to ensure my reserves came in. Now I get a reroll on that without him. 

Still unsure if I would use the Fire Raptor or the Sicaran more. Really need to play some test games with the list to find which I prefer. If only I had 20 points to spare, I would put War of Murder on the Fire Raptor.

Lastly, the Dreads have a change. Instead of 3 Dakkadreads, I added a Fragioso. This guy is basically there to drop in a wreck face before dying with the double shot Chapter Ancient give him. Easily bake away some markerlight Tau or Eldar Jetbikes. And AV13+shrouded the turn he lands may mean he even survives to charge something.