Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Post of Quarantine- 70 days of Isolation, 30 to go

Well this year has not gone according to plan. I am sure most of you would agree. It most certain has not for me. Shortly after Adepticon became Adeptican't, I had to go to a 103 day training course and have been stuck in a hotel room every day since then. I did bring a ton of Hobby stuff with me, but in general motivation has been low and the environment not entirely conducive to hobbying and in particular, painting and blogging. A Hampton in hotel room was not designed to be a "hobby haven" for sure, but I've tried to make the most of it.

At this point I am down to my last month, and will try and get some more content up here, but I haven't had much to talk about without releases from GW and every event cancelled. And the lack of access to my camera gear means hobby posting is limited too. However I do have some psychic awakening books on the way to me here, so I should be talking about that soon.

In the meantime, you can see my hobby progress best on my Instagram @SepulchreofHeroes and if you haven't yet, follow us on Facebook for the best hobby related memes.

Anyway, before I left I did some preparation for my exile
-Organized, Primed, and Basecoated for contrasts all of my ASoIF models (over 220 models)
-Primed and prepped all my Aeronautica Imperialis
-Assembled, Primed and basecoated a Pallas Grav Tank
-Basecoated 6 Plague Ogors

I also packed up all my Titanicus with the hope of getting a game in in the local area, but COVID restrictions have entirely prevented that and I don't hold much hope of being able to play one in my last month.

With that done I packed up my Jeep and headed out.
What I have completed since being here
-2 Black Library Audio Books
-1 Horus Heresy Novel
-Painted 25 ASoIF models (The Mountain, Tyrion, A Captain, 11 Halberdiers, 11 Mountain's Men. Of note, I did them with Contrasts and they turned out great IMO as you will see below)
-Painted 7 Sanguinary Guard
-Assembled and Primed 50 Mk3 Marines for Horus Heresy
-Assembled an AT Warbringer Nemesis Titan
-Painted an AT Warhound Titan
-Cleaned and Assembled Constantine Valdor
-Assembled a Custodes Achillus Dreadnought
-Assembled an OOP FW Siege Dreadnought
-Assembled a Storm Raven Gunship
-Assembled a GW Human Blood Bowl Team
-Assembled a GW Orc Blood Bowl Team
-Assembled a GW Ogre Blood Bowl Team
-Assembled a GW Dwarf Blood Bowl Team
-Assembled a GW Elf Blood Bowl Team
-Assembled 2 FW Blood Bowl Minotaurs
-Assembled 3 FW Blood Bowl Star Players
-Assembled and Primed Samurai to Include
  • 5 Wargames Factory Samurai
  • 15 Wargames Factory Teppo Ashigaru
  • 10 Wargames Factory Spear Ashigaru
  • 6 Steel Fist Banner Bearers
  • 4 Steel Fist Samurai Archers
  • 4 Steel Fist Teppo Ashigaru
  • 10 Steel Fist Foot Samurai
  • 12 Steel Fist Mounted Samurai
-Primed over 25 Liazardmen Characters/Monsters
-Cleaned and Assembled all my Lost Kingdom Miniatures Models to include
  • 13 Temple Guard
  • 13 Saurus Warriors 
  • 6 Chameleon Skink
  • 4 Skink Heroes
  • 10 Skinks w/ Spears
  • 10 Skink Archers
  • 3 Kroxigor
  • 3 Ripperdactyls
  • 3 Terradons
  • 8 Saurus Cold One Cavalry
  • 2 baby Salamanders
  • Jungle Swarm/Baby razordons
Assembled all my GW Lizardmen to include
  • Bastilidon w/ Solar Engine
  • Kroq Gar and Grimlok
  • Troglodon
  • 12 Saurus
  • 5 Skinks
  • Saurus Oldblood
  • 5 Saurus Cold One Cavalry
  • 4 Scar Vets on Cold Ones
A quick gallery of what I have completed so far.

And have the following WIPs going on
-6 Muukali Riders
-6 Plague Ogors
-12 ASoIF Lannister Swordsmen
-BA Sanguinary Ancient
-The Sanguinor

Goals for the last month
-Paint some of my Aeronautica Imperialis
-Finish the Sanguinary Ancient
-Finish the Sanguinor
-Paint another AT titan
-Paint Constantin Valdor
-Finish one more unit of ASoIF
-Post a new podcast episode
-Post about War of the Spider