Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Post Adepticon Breakdown Part Two: Assault on Kings Landing, Space Hulk and Star Wars Legion

Back with my continues coverage of Adepticon 2019.
Check out part 1 here where I talk about my first impressions of A Song of Ice and Fire game, Horus Heresy Knight Fight, and the Kings of War Big Battle.

I skipped my first game to sleep and paint that day. It was an ASoIF even, but only cost me $5, and I made the better decision considering how late I stayed up to finish for the 40k team event the next day.

I did make it to my second game, which was ASoIF Assault on Kings Landing. What made this game extra fun was it was ran by the game's designer. He had a really cool mission put together where the 8 players (mostly Starks and Boltons) fought his Lannister Army. I was that little green blob of Wildlings led by Tomund Giantsbane. Not the most accurate thing, but awesome of him to let my do that when asked who my favourite character was when he realized he didn't have enough units set up for us. He also had a constant narrative progression happening. AND BRIBES. He'd bribe up with free models to do certain actions. But I live and died as the Free Folk should and took no bribes, submitting to no King (it also let people more invested in the game get the cooler swag). In the end we slew Joffry anyway, so it all worked out.
After that I played a super aweome large scale game of Space Hulk. 6 marine kill teams (BA - my team -, DA, BT, Ultras and 2 DW) had 11 turns to stop the GSC from lighting off a beacon to summon the hive fleet. The 4 Marine players had secondary comms objectives that gave the Imperials 1 more turn for each up. There were also 2 power gerenrators for the DW, that each reduced the beacons health by 25% when destroyed.

We managed to get all the secondaries and finish the game in turn 13. Only 3 Marines made it to the central area, my BA Captain, the DA one and the BT one. I was also the first to take out their comms relay, first into the central chamber, damaged the beacon and slayed the Patriarch once before he got back up and killed me. Still over all success in what the event coordinators said was the deadliest game to marines they had seen in a while.

After that I just went and painted to be ready for the next day and then got some Giordinos and did the 40k team trivia event, which was rougher for us this year without our resident Chaos expert.

And with that I leave you will some bonus pics of some Star Wars Legion tables I checked out while waiting for my first game to start.